Monday 23 November 2009

I literally feel like I've been staring at a brick wall for years. You know when your eyes are just raw from being open for too long and they start to go brown and purple around the edges, they feel like that. Feeling a colour is always anomalous, particularly the one I'm being consumed by right now. Like swimming I suppose, when you know the floor is ever growing further away from your feet and you're being absorbed by something either very unwelcome or the complete opposite. At the minute I'm feeling further away from home then I've ever felt. I somehow can't get my head around the fact that in no time at all I'll be back there, then back here, then back there, then back here. It's a cycle. Only three more nights, sleepless or otherwise. Only time will tell.

The other night I had a really weird dream. I never ever have cryptic dreams or anything of the sort, they're always fairly simple and ordinary, with the same reoccurring faces - if plural is necessary. In the dream, I was walking up a mountain. Around a mountain I should say, there was no climbing involved, I was just strolling around a path that was carved around the edge of a mountain, spiraling upwards. Everything was washed in white, the light was white, the ground was white. Ever woken up feeling very very aware that you're alone? It's an awful feeling.

4 comments:

  1. Never feel far from home..... we are always here xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although, tragically, I am always here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the one that I am, as a greater man than me once said.

    ReplyDelete